Advanced learning is a valued part of the One91 Learning Experience, and is guided by our commitment to equity, access and rigor. Advanced Learning Services for grades 2–5 are available and consistent at each elementary school.
All students have rigorous educational opportunities. Our inclusive identification system ensures that the learning needs of students, including our historically underrepresented populations, are met.
What We Teach
Based on their identification profile, students participating in advanced learning access one or more of these learning opportunities:
- Genius Hour Projects: Students select a topic of interest and research, create and share their projects.
- Pathways Projects: Students participate in real-world problem solving connected to the Pathways. Social and Emotional Learning skills are embedded into each Pathway project
- 2nd grade: Health and Wellness Pathway
- 3rd grade: Communication and Literary Arts Pathway
- 4th grade: Engineering Pathway
- 5th grade: Entrepreneurship Pathway
- Math instruction focuses on problem-solving, collaboration and critical thinking along with an in-depth study of mathematical concepts
Advanced Learning instruction focuses on helping our students to be future ready by embedding into our instruction the 4 Cs of 21st Century Learning: Communication, Collaboration, Critical Thinking and Creativity.
Research projects focus on inquiry and creating solutions to real-world problems.